Wednesday 30 November 2011

Setting a meeting for recording the audio..

In response to Des' previous email saying he had limited spare time and after speaking with my group, realising that neither of the other group members would be available, I sent him this response;


Dear Des
I understand you must be very busy at this time. I would be able to meet with you this afternoon if you are free, around 3 o clock? If this is an option please call or text me on (phone no. removed). We could meet at the University or in Finchingfield like I say, this would be a tremendous help to us. We are at a stage where we are unsure what extra information we do require but I'll talk to the rest of my group this morning and hopefully will decide on what we intend to do with respect to the rest of the project to let you know when we meet. That is right, we did want to record some sort of guided commentary, which we would be able to borrow a recorder for if available although you probably know a lot more about this due to your broadcasting background!
Thank you ever so much for your time
Kind regards
Polly


Des did call me back after receiving this email and we spoke about how we were to record the audio and I suggested that I borrow the equipment from the University and meet him either at the uni or in Finchingfield and record about 20-30seconds of 'tour' in each room. Des suggested that due to his background in audio that it would be more feasable if he recorded the audio on his own equipment and sent it to me via CD. I did ask whether he was sure of this and I could meet wherever he required to assist but he said he was happy to do so and would send the finished audio file to my address. I obviously thanked him very much and he asked me to send my address via email which I did. 



Des responded the next day with;



Hello Polly

I've sent you a cd with a Voice Over for possible inclusion in your project.   It's in an MP3 format.  
Hope all is well with you
Des

No comments:

Post a Comment